Friday, May 14, 2010

Cinderella

“Do you think Rick would wanna have a threesome?”
That question still haunts me. I have not thought about it before. I never realized that I have been in his shadows.

Rick is my best friend. The jerk that asked me that question was a guy I was trying to woo. Apparently, he was only interested getting Rick and he figured I was the way to go – the best friend.

I knew that Rick is far superior from me in terms of, well, everything. He comes from money. He is very beautiful, athletic and charming. I, on the other hand, am all the things that he is not. I guess that is why we became friends in the first place. People say opposites attract right? Yup, we were drawn to each other like moths to a flame. But we were not sexually attracted to one another, mind you. We both like chasers and so there would be no hanky panky between us, thank you.

Anyway, we were in this trip to an exotic island and I had my eye on this one new guy that came with our group. He is quite fair, very hot and very easy on the eyes. But I knew he would be better matched with Rick. They both are very athletic and very active. I guess I never really thought of it that way since Rick is happily betrothed and I am the single one. I should have taken on the mentality of a chaser.

I was having my lunch alone when he sauntered up to the buffet line. I asked him to eat with me and he agreed. We got to talking and by the time we finished talking, we were in his room getting hot and heavy. I thought it was a good sign because we had an amazing connection during the meal and the talk. Then he popped the question! No, not “Will you marry me?”

I mean, come on! We are in Malaysia after all. It’s not like we are in Europe or something. It was that threesome question. I was so hurt and ought to just get up and leave right? Well, it has been months since I last made out with a hot guy so I stayed and made out. That is, until his roommate came back from snorkeling.

I went back to my room and gave Rick a piece of my mind. In the end, I felt bad because it was not his fault but I just had to vent. This was not the first time it happened. There was this one other guy that I liked but he had never given me the time of day. However, when Rick is around, he would shower me with so much attention that people would have mistaken him as my loving lover. In reality, he has no interest in me whatsoever.

I so feel like one of Cinderella’s ugly stepsisters. Maybe I should start calling Rick Cinderella from now on. Sigh. I should be grateful though right? Because of Rick’s fabulousness, I get to make out with hot guys and people tries to get close to me. I gotta get my priorities sorted out I guess...

2 comments:

  1. these days i tend to appreciate friendship than fun lor. those hotties are just come and go, whereas best friend stays. but then those feeling of unwanted/being used still can affect me once awhile :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HGL: me too... but sometimes, in a friendship, we can be taken for granted as well though... :(

    ReplyDelete